The latest glitch that has been discovered in Final Fantasy 15 lets you have Aranea as a permanent party member. In order to trigger this glitch you have to be in chapter 9 or in the post game chapter 15. Before you try this, I strongly advise you to back up your save file.
There are several important things you should know about Aranea: while in your party she can revive your other party members, she participates in camps and photos, she never downs and can link strikes. On the other hand there are also some negative side effects: she can’t change gear, can’t be targeted by items, has no chocobo, doesn’t ride in Regalia, blocks Tour quests, may lurk in some scenes, makes the Carbuncle buff harder to get, and you can’t fish.
How to get the Aranea permanently
- Camp at Cotisse Haven north of Hammerhead. Wait till midnight and save. You have to save your game at midnight otherwise Aranea will not spawn. You can pick up a nighttime bounty Raindrops in the Night to fast forward to night right away.
- After around midnight, the usual dropships will stop appearing and Giants will show up. Head North towards the mountains and the red fence. Use the whistle to spawn a Giant. If Imperial ships appear instead, wait until the ship flies away, then fast traveling to your car, then back to camp. If you consistently keep getting imperial ships then take out all soldiers.
- As soon as you agro the Giant, Aranea should be on her way. Run outside the combat radius, bring up the map, and Return to rest point. Do not wait for any signs of her or it’ll be too late.
- In order to get her in your party you have to open the camp menu before her animation starts and she joins the party. If you wait too long, the UI will be locked and you won’t be able to get the menu.
- While your menu is opened, look around for Aranea. Once she jumps down and appears near the camp, click the Camp prompt.
- In the morning, reload the auto-save from the camping.
How to remove Aranea from the party
- She will leave your party when the game resets at certain story events or quests.
- During the end game you can remove her by repeating the final battles and reloading your new clear file.
- You can also remove her by going to Pitioss Secret Dungeon.
- Aranea can be removed from party by summoning second Aranea as usual. When the battle is finished both Aranea will disappear.